Abortion and Its Hidden Benefits
With 43 million abortions being performed worldwide, abortion is no longer considered a taboo or sin as in the olden days. However, people still do not understand the concept of abortion. The problem is simple. Abortion as a term has a negative connotation attached to it. Most people do not understand the medical complications that can occur if abortion is not carried out in some cases. In some instances, the process of abortion is what saves the life of the pregnant women. In other instances, the woman in question thinks about the long term consequences before taking this decision.
So, what’s the deal?
Many people fail to understand the benefits associated with abortion and only look at the negative aspects of it. Discussed below are the hidden benefits of abortion.
• Going for a safe and legal abortion takes away the need to get an illegal and unsafe abortion done which can often result in the woman’s death or severe complications that might be difficult to treat.
• If a woman is raped or impregnated against her wish, then an abortion helps her to terminate the unwanted pregnancy and lead her life as before.
• If doctors feel that the unborn child will suffer from physical or mental abnormalities after birth, then abortion can help to save different problems that the to-be-parents and the child might face later on.
• If the pregnancy poses any risk to the woman’s physical or mental well being then it is better to go for an abortion or the woman might end up losing her life.
• When couples feel that they cannot provide a child with all the basic amenities that he will need right after birth.
• Many women get pregnant but feel that they are not ready to become a mother just yet. By aborting the child, they free him from the hatred or neglect that he might face if he comes into the world against his parent’s wishes.
• Another benefit of abortion is that it saves the mother the trouble of giving birth to the child and then giving him up for adoption. It allows her to lead a normal life without disruptions.
Abortion is not legal after the first trimester in most countries. It is only after the first trimester that the baby is formed. So, unlike what many think, you really aren’t ‘killing’ a baby during abortion. In fact, undergoing an abortion before the first trimester ends is the best time.